Re: [Exim] Urgent Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Author: Asbjørn Høiland Aarrestad
To: sam_gitta
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Urgent Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
> I kindly need help, my mail queue at an ISP is
> clogged, Exim is having problems sending out msgs with
> attachments of 1MB and above.
> Is there a way I can limit the message size and two is
> limiting the cc reciepients.Because I have users
> sending 4MB mails to over 400users.

The first thing I would do is to delete the mail and give the user a
course in bandwidth and e-mail sizes! This is where the problem is. They
just don't think about what 4Mb*400 is, because if they were, you would
not have this problem.

And second: try to esablish another way of transferring files. E-mail is
for messages, not large attachments.

And there are options to limit message sizes and the number of recipients.
But that will only help you solve parts of your problem.

regards
Asbjørn