RE: [Exim] Exim Forward mail, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Hämäläinen Jori
To: Admir, exim-users
Betreff: RE: [Exim] Exim Forward mail, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello,

About user message 'directories'. They are not directories,
they are files. Thats why you are told "(user_name) not a directory."

You can check them by typing: ls -alF /var/spool/mail
You'll see file attributes from that output.
-rw------- is file read-only to its owner
drwx------ is directory read-only to its owner

About forward-file, you'd put it into your homedirectory.
1) log in as a user which mails you want to forward
   - normally you are at homedirectory at start (might be indicated with ~)
     depending on your shell (command line interface program)
2) type: cat > .forward
   or even you can type: cat > ~/.forward
3) type email address you want to forward: forward@???
4) press CTRL-D

Now you should have forward-file and if MTA is configured correctly
all messages coming to user you loggeg in forwards to "forward@???".

One tutorial (of many) at net is (found by Google "forward email"):
http://www.cbc.umn.edu/Education/Instructions/fwd.acct.html

Best regards, Jori