Re: [Exim] Re: SPA with Outlook 2K

Author: Tom Kistner
To: marian.eichholz
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: SPA with Outlook 2K
Marian Eichholz wrote:

> That's quite different from the debugging behaviour of the other
> authenticators, right.
>
> Sad, isn't it. Ok, I probably will hack the authenticator code tonight to
> get the clue.

I once wrote parts of the code that do SPA server auth, and Philip
included it in exim-4.10.

The background here is that Windows clients may send NTDOMAIN\username
or even username@active-directory-domain, depending on if the machine is
member of a NT domain. Some also send MACHINENAME\username.

I only tested with Outlook XP (?) and some version of Outlook Express,
both on a standalone box. It might be necessary to base the lookup on
the domain part too (if there is one ...).

regards,

/tom

--
Tom Kistner <tom@???>