Re: [Exim] Exim4: unknown named list error - WORKS

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Joe Lewis
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim4: unknown named list error - WORKS
On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Joe Lewis wrote:

> Does the order of parameters matter at all? Because I reversed the
> parameter order and it runs fine. It used to read :
>
>    /usr/exim/sbin/exim -bd -C /usr/exim/configure.db

> Now it reads :
>
>    /usr/exim/sbin/exim -C /usr/exim/configure.db -bd

> Nothing changed in the configuration file, including the domainlist
> declaration. It functions off of the database just fine. (I was,
> indeed, checking the domain list for valid relay's, in the acl section,
> not examining if the user's domain was local. The local lookup occurs
> much later.

The order of the parameters should not make any difference at all,
because Exim scans and decodes them before actually doing anything. I
cannot see any reason why the two commands listed above should behave
differently. If this behaviour is repeatable, then running them with
debugging enabled is the first step in trying to find out why.