Re: [Exim] New install

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Odhiambo G. Washington
A: exim-users
Cc: luke.p
Asunto: Re: [Exim] New install
* Luke Pascoe <luke.p@???> [20030303 01:54]: wrote:
> Hello again!
>
> I'm building/installing exim 4.12 on a debian machine that's not had exim on
> it before and it occured to me that the install scripts don't set up routine
> cron jobs or init.d script like the debian packages do.
>
> The docs only mention of cron is about log rotation. Can this be done
> adequetly with logrotate?
>
> Are there any other cronjobs I need to set up?
>
> And last but not least, Is there an init.d script out there I can steal?

Hi Luke,

Sometimes back, you were installing Exim on Debian and someone
wrote this message to you, and I quote:

<quote>

I suggest that you fetch yourself the Debian package (including source) from my
website and then modify the compile options to suit your needs. That way you can
"cleanly" install Exim as a package.

http://ADSL-Bergs.RZ.RWTH-Aachen.DE/~rabe/debian/

</quote>

I am just wondering what you faulted with those debs. If not, why don't
you just use them?

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@???>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

I have more humility in my little finger than you have in your whole
        -- from "Cerebus" #82