Re: [Exim] router_home_directory question

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: John Jetmore
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] router_home_directory question
On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, John Jetmore wrote:

> <quote>
> The transport or the address may specify a home directory (transport over-
> rides), and if they do, this is set as $home and as the working directory.
> Otherwise $home is left unset and the cwd is set to "/" - a directory that
> should be accessible to all users.
> </quote>

Thank you for reporting a bug in the code comments. <grin>

Actually, that comment is *almost* true. But in actuality, the value of
$home (if set) is used for the cwd only if neither the transport nor the
router have specified a current directory. I've fixed the comment.

> it looks like the director was trying to chdir to /home/popuser (inherited
> from check_local_user on the router) and failing because it couldn't chdir
> to it. when he overrode the router's home dir w/ home_directory on the
> transport, it could chdir to it. Once he stopped using check_local_user
> on the router, the default value of "/" was used for the chdir on the
> transport, which means he didn't need to set it himself...
>
> right? (I know one of these emails I'm going to fall flat on my face,
> just waiting for it to happen =))

Absolutely right. You remain vertical. I'm swaying a bit.