Re: [Exim] Messages with "xxxx"@xxx getting real big in the …

Top Pagina
Auteur: Giuliano Gavazzi
Aan: Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior, Lista Exim
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Messages with "xxxx"@xxx getting real big in the queue!
At 8:36 -0300 2003/02/28, Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior wrote:
[...]
>I just figured out a weird behavior in my exim. It's accepting messages
>like "anything cool"@???.
>
>Look:

>mail from:<"Indique <envio"@???>
>250 OK
>rcpt to:<xxxxxx@???>
>250 Accepted
>354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
>Grooooooove!
>.
>250 OK id=18oiYk-0001ag-00
>quit
>
>And these messages don't go for anywhere, just still in the queue and
>getting headers everytime.

[note that I have edited your email address, it is not a good thing
to mention real email addresses in the body of a list message]

This message should have been delivered to your mailbox, unless you
have (as you say) some other software that scans them afterword and
deciding that they are spam. In this case, if they are not removed
from the queue, the problem might be in that additional software.

Also, later you say:

At 9:21 -0300 2003/02/28, Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior wrote:
[...]
>Some examples:
>
>"Married lonelyaolonemarriedwomen"@???
>"- eventos"@???
>"Indique <envio"@???
>" RoadRunnerSports.3436.155168"@???
>
>The weird thing is that my sender verify/callout is active, and I trying
>to verify manually the existance of this emails I get an error, but exim
>isn't blocking them with callout, I think that it has a problem with
>this type of local_part.

I am sorry to disagree but I have manually checked the first and the
last and they both give 250 OK.

Finally, you might decide to block these local-parts, but as Matthew
said, these are perfectly valid.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/