Re: [Exim] Messages with "xxxx"@xxx getting real big in the …

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior
To: Lista Exim
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Messages with "xxxx"@xxx getting real big in the queue!
On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 08:32, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 08:36:38AM -0300, Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior wrote:
> > And AFAIK, "lalala "@??? isn't a valid email adress, so I
> > have to block this in the ACL, I'm just don't knowing how!
>
> What definition of "valid email address" are you using? It's a legal
> formation, but that doesn't mean it's deliverable.

Well, so I can have an email "Super Man"@???? Well, even if it's
valid I don't want messages like this around my exim...

Every message like this is processed 3 times per minute, adding all the
headers again (a correctio, isn't the -H file that gets bigger and
bigger, is the -D file that is just headers repeated once and again). To
each one of this headers rewritings amavis is runned and the
X-Virus-Scanned is added, but the message isn't delivered, just stays
here seated and using precious machine resources.

So, there's a way to block then?

Some examples:

"Married lonelyaolonemarriedwomen"@???
"- eventos"@???
"Indique <envio"@???
" RoadRunnerSports.3436.155168"@???

The weird thing is that my sender verify/callout is active, and I trying
to verify manually the existance of this emails I get an error, but exim
isn't blocking them with callout, I think that it has a problem with
this type of local_part.

[]s
Junior