著者: Philip Hazel
To: Michael Jakscht
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] ACL deny message
On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Michael Jakscht wrote:

> =======================================
>  deny     local_parts   = ^.*[@%!/|] : ^\\.
>           message       = local part contains bad characters
>           log_message   = local part contains bad characters
> =======================================

> The deny-message won't be displayed.
> When I turn it, the message will be displayed:
>
> =======================================
>  deny     message       = local part contains bad characters
>           log_message   = local part contains bad characters
>           local_parts   = ^.*[@%!/|] : ^\\.
> =======================================

As documented:

log_message = <text>

   This modifier sets up a message which is used as part of the log message if
   the ACL denies access because of a subsequent condition in the current
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   statement.

Actually, I already have a note to expand the explanation a little bit,
because it isn't strictly right.

> Why?

As soon as Exim knows to accept or deny, it stops processing an ACL.
For a deny result, the most recent message and log_message are used. I'm
actually a bit surprised at your first example, because after matching a
bad local part, it should be looking further down the ACL for any
additional conditions, so it should see your messages and use them.

I will check up on all this.