[Exim] OT: Virus passes....

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Michael Jakscht
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] OT: Virus passes....
Hi,

I don't know where to ask because this is very off-topic I think, but maybe
someone can help me out here.
Since I switched to Exim 4.12 with SA 2.44 via exiscan4.12-24 I have one
Virus passing the McAfee uvscan.
It's the "X-Infected: Found the W32/Hybris.gen@MM virus !!!" and only this
Virus as far as I can see.
I got this Virus yesterday two times and I absolutely can't believe why it
passes!
Is there any possibility for a very rare case in that exiscan does not
reject messages containing a virus?
While writing this I'm wondering if this is not a bit more an exiscan issue
because uvscan has detected the mail and exiscan marks it with the
X-Infected - Headerline.
Or is this an exim system filter issue because I redirect all mails
containing viruses to the virusalert alias which is expanded to four or
five admins here...
Is it possible that the system filter is not used sometimes (maybe with
some sort of special headers) ?
The whole mail is just being redirected without having the system filter
generate warning messages...
Also I have no clue why exiscan let's the .scr attachment pass because this
extension is in the list of reject files...

I'm stock and don't know where the problem is...
Please help, thanx,

Michael

PS: Header from the second mail not being blocked but being redirect as it
is to the virusalert alias follow...