Re: [Exim] LOGS

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Phil White
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Thomas Kinghorn
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] LOGS
On Monday 24 February 2003 6:47 am, Thomas Kinghorn wrote:
> Morning guys.
>
> Firstly, thanks for all the past help.
> You guys saved the job of someone who was thrown in the deep end ;o).
>
> Now the question:
> Does anyone have an example of a cron for rotating the mainlog and reject
> log
> for exim.

Bernard Stern (SWITCH) developed a patch to name each log-file with the
current date
ie. eximmainlog-02-2003.log
I emailed him ages back, because I decided that this was a fab idea, and it
would save me a bit of hassle in system maintenance.

Sadly, I never had a reply, and I am not in the habbit of hassling people, so
I now use exicyclog - Effective, though I think I still prefer the patched
exim approach.

Phil