Re: [Exim] off topic: email client

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Keith G. Murphy
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] off topic: email client
Asbjørn Høiland Aarrestad wrote:
> hi all!
>
> I know this is a bit off topic, but I'm searching for an email client
> which supports new messages in more folders than the inbox. I use exim's
> ..forward file to filter my mail into different folders, and so far I
> haven't been able to find any good email client which supports this
> (finding the new messages not only in the inbox). I know it's possible
> with MS Outlook, but it's way too slow! I've thought about pine, but I
> kind of like the client located on my own computer, and not the host
> computer.....

As pointed out, anything using IMAP will support new messages in any
folder, but I wonder if what you really want is new mail notification
for any folder. For example, Mozilla only *alerts* me when new mail
goes into my main Inbox, not the others. But that happens to be exactly
how I like it, so I haven't looked to see if you can change this...