[Exim] Re: [exiscanusers] De-MIME and viruses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tom Kistner
A: Tim Jackson, exiscanusers, exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: [exiscanusers] De-MIME and viruses
Tim Jackson wrote:

> couple of copies of SirCam come through. clamd logs don't appear to even
> show an attempt to scan by Exiscan. exiscan_demime_condition is set to
> true. The viruses have this in their headers:

Yes, those are really broken. The last base64 line either misses one
padding character, or they have one too many.

> So, does this mean that if Exiscan detects broken MIME (and
> exiscan_demime_action = pass), it just doesn't unpack it at all? This is a
> bit worrying, at least until Tom thinks it's robust enough to turn
> exiscan_demime_action = reject on.

The -24 is already very robust, I have just fixed one (final ?) bug with
single-part b64 messages (which are very uncommon). I think -25 will
have "reject" as the demime default action. I have relaxed checking on
quoted-printable attachments a bit, since that is where the most false
positives are.

RipMime DOES unpack such broken containers, but the result may or may
not be correct. This is why I have dropped it.

> At the very least, could we not pass broken MIME through to the virus
> scanner verbatim so there's at least a *possibility* of it picking up a
> virus if it has inbuilt MIME capability (but which we might ordinarily
> pass over, preferring Exiscan's de-miming)?

Your virus scanner still has the MBOX-style -complete file to scan on,
if its internal demime engine is "good" (or not "good" :) enough, it
will still pick up MIME-broken viruses.

regards,

/tom

--