Re: [Exim] ACL reverse_host_lookup

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Michael Jakscht
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] ACL reverse_host_lookup
On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Michael Jakscht wrote:

> is the following possible?

Depends what you mean by "possible" :-)

> hostlist broken_mxs = 213.164.69.229 : 168.215.198.88
>
> acl_check_rcpt:
>   require  verify        = reverse_host_lookup
>            hosts         = ! broken_mxs
>            message  = reverse host lookup failed

> In special I have a problem with the ACL not regarding the hosts which
> should NOT be checked.
> It looks like exim pays no attention to the hosts entry...
> So my question is if this ACL statement should work...

What do you mean by work? It requires that a reverse lookup should work,
AND that the hosts should not be in your list. Note that the conditions
are tested in the order written. Perhaps you meant

   deny     hosts         = ! broken_mxs
           !verify        = reverse_host_lookup
            message  = reverse host lookup failed

which would deny if the host is not in the broken list and the verify
fails.