[Exim] thanks to phil and all involved.

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Jeff Hahn
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [Exim] thanks to phil and all involved.
About 10:00 AM today, someone apparently started spamming the world at a
pretty good clip, using one of my little used domains for the return
address.

I'm getting about 36,000 bounces/hour - 10 per second.

No, I don't like it, but there's not much I can do about it.

The mail server for this domain is an older 400 mhz Celeron box running
debian w/ exim3.

Yes, I did tweak smtp_accept_max, smtp_accept_max_per_host and I turned off
ident lookups, but the machine is just cruising along and doing its regular
job along with rejecting all these mails.

Load average is about 0.40

All the bounced are addressed to the non-existent email addresses the spam
program made up, so I don't have to actually accept any mail.

Nonetheless, that's still a pretty impressive performance.

Great job, Phil and all involved.

-Jeff