Re: [Exim] Re: Exim rewrite of local usernames but only for …

Author: Felix Erkinger
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Exim rewrite of local usernames but only for non local Recipients
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 02:36:41PM -0800, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> Is your local_domains setting correct? How about your qualify_domain
> and/or qualify_recipient settings? Exim only uses routers to determine
> how to deal with non-local recipients. It knows a recipient is
> non-local if the domain is not listed in local_domains.

hmm, i'm not sure, this is what's set in exim.conf (more specific,
in both exim_incoming.conf and exim_outgoing.conf)

qualify_domain = saturn
local_domains = localhost:saturn:saturn.spitz-back.at:spitz-back.at

> So if exim is using a router to determine what to do with that mail (and
> then speaking SMTP to itself, no less!), apparently you and exim don't
> share the same idea of what a local recipient is.

:-) , i think so too, i will have a look on it,
if it really speaks smtp to itself...
Maybe it has something to do with my split setup, cause i split exim
in two parts (one for outgoing and one for incoming) to get mailscanner working
with it.

Greetings,
Felix.