Re: [Exim] sending mail from shell

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John Burnham
To: System
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] sending mail from shell
System wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Really sorry but Instead of this can u let me know the command.

That
> will be more useful.
>
> Thanks!!!!
> I wrote this twice
> Now the third time
> How do i send mail to a@??? from the shell prompt.
>> exim command????

1) Everyone on the list - including Dr. Hazel who wrote Exim - is a
volunteer. There is NO reason anyone should answer your question.
Sending the same question twice in such a short space of time is a
good way of annoying people and ensuring that you won't get an answer
at all. If you start demanding support from a bunch of volunteers,
they will ignore you or some of the more enterprising ones will offer
their services as consultants at a suitable rate.
2) Exim is an MTA - a Mail Transfer Agent. It handles the task of
transferring email around between servers. What you probably want is
an MUA - a program for sending email, such as pine, mutt, or even
mail. Use the right tool for the right job....
3) Ok, I'll give you an answer which is also pretty damned obvious if
you bother to read any of the documentation. If you type
exim a@???
then exim will listen on stdin for an email message to send to
a@???. So at this point you can start typing in your message and end
it will and EOF marker (usually ctrl-D) or you can use redirects to
redirect a file into exim along the lines of
exim a@??? < /home/blah/somefileorother
4) And don't respond just to me, cc the list. You might be confused by
the fact that the list is configured so that the reply-to address is
the original sender - use reply-all (as I see you seem to be using
Outlook Express).
I'd apologise for my brusqueness, but I've had a really bad day and
people who don't seem to be able to do even very simple research (Hey
! The docs are on the web at www.exim.org - or they come with the
source) are legitimate targets as far as I'm concerned at the moment.