Re: [Exim] TLS Issue

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: John P Connor
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] TLS Issue
On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, John P Connor wrote:

> It seems that we probably need an option in Exim to work round this, do you
> think?

I am not at all keen on this, but I suppose I am open to persuasion if
lots of people feel the need.

To remind the list of the issue: A broken client fails to send a new
EHLO after starting a TLS session; this leaves Exim in SMTP mode rather
than ESMTP mode, because it has reset itself, as the RFC specifies. The
client then sends a MAIL command with a SIZE option, which Exim rejects
because that is valid only in ESMTP mode.

What do people think about this?