Re: [Exim] Exim + courier-imap, exim rewrite , message delay…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Glen Mehn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Felix Erkinger
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Exim + courier-imap, exim rewrite , message delayed status message
Felix Erkinger wrote:

>Hi !
>
>I'm currently setting up a mail-server with debian 3.0 stable using

0.) this thread is, IMO, maybe more approprate for
debian-user@???, but is also maybe of interest here...

>but several questions remain:
>  1.) Where should the Maildir base of the system be ?
>      /var/mail/username/ or /home/username/.Maildir
>      or where is the courier imapdaemon looking for it
>      or why is the d** imapd not working

that depends on your configuration, but the debian/courier default is at
/home/${local_part}/Maildir:

From my /etc/exim/exim.conf (with a similar setup):

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
group = mail
mode = 0660
mode_fail_narrower = false
envelope_to_add = true
return_path_add = true
directory = /home/${local_part}/Maildir
maildir_format

>  2.) how can i rewrite the addresses only for mail not destinated
>      for local users. I found a snipet in the exim-faq,
>      and tried to integrate it for me (see below) but its not working

I'm not quite sure what you're doing, but you may want to look at the
route_list/route_file statements, and/or setup a smarthost router for this.

>  3.) how can i set up exim to send a message-deliver delayed message
>      back to the local user if the message is delayed for more than 1 hour ?

see the section "RETRY CONFIGURATION" in your /etc/exim/exim.conf

>  4.) (Dummy Question) As a localmailserver, can i deliver messages
>      without a smarthost or do i violate rfc822 or something similar,
>      or, the other way around, when do i have to use smarthosts ?

Not quite sure what you mean here, but I *think* that, depending on
where your network is, you should be able to deliver mail from your box
to anywhere, depending you your ISP (some ISPs filter port 25, and then
you'll need to route all external (i.e., not destined for your box) mail
via the smarthost.

good luck.

-g