Re: [Exim] what checks for "temporarily unable to verify en…

Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
A: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] what checks for "temporarily unable to verify envelope sender address"?
On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> At 03:45 PM 1/7/2003 -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

That was an email from over a month ago. But I do appreciate your reply.

> > 451 rejected: temporarily unable to verify envelope sender address (try
> > again later) <reed@???>

> Exim typically tries to lookup MX / A records for your domain.
>
> If your nameservers were returning a SERVFAIL in response to this query,
> then you might get this bounce.

The sourceforge server has a custom Exim with this custom message.

In this case, the particular sending email server had problems. The
callback tried to connect, but because of some RBL issue (if I recall
correctly), it had a very slow startup, so the sourceforge side timed out.

  Jeremy C. Reed
  http://bsd.reedmedia.net/  -- BSD news and resources
  http://www.isp-faq.com/    -- find answers to your questions