[Exim] Re: Unreproducable mail delivery error (unknown local…

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Exim User, John Jetmore
CC: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Unreproducable mail delivery error (unknown local part in domain)
At 15:06 -0800 2003/02/24, Exim User wrote:
>You were right, exims needs /etc/exim/exim.conf to be a regular
>file and not a symbolic link to /crypt/root/exim.conf (where it
>lived in my case). Since I changed back, all problems went away.
>
>Bummer, I was hoping to protect the file (which contains
>passwords) by placing it into a cryptographically secured
>environment.

wait a second, might be the late hour, but exim does *not* need its
configuration to be in /etc/exim/exim.conf (and that is certainly not
the default on my system). So why don't you just tell exim to get its
configuration from your /crypto dir?

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/