Re: [Exim] Cannot send base64 attachments

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: David
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Cannot send base64 attachments
On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 04:26:15PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Feb 2003, David wrote:
>
> > What happens if I try to send a base64 attachment is that it begins to
> > send, or begins a queue run, and then finally times out..
>
> If it starts sending it, it is highly unlikely to be an Exim problem.
> Exim doesn't understand attachments. To Exim, a message body is just a
> sequence of bytes.

You are entirely correct.. After sending the query, I came to the
conclusion that it was neither exim nor mutt.. The problem was quite
simple and rather foolish of me.. I had neither crtscts turned on nor
was I setting asyncmap to escape xon/xoff.. Apparently what was
happening was that the xoff character was in the file, and of course,
when that was sent, It was putting the server on hold and never starting
it back up.. Someone mentioned asyncmap to me.. I first set crtscts
without setting the asyncmap escape and the same file was sent OK.. I
went ahead and set asyncmap to escape these characters anyway.

Quite simple but I couldn't see the forest for the trees, I reckon..

Thanks again for the response.