Re: [Exim] TLS errors

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: James P. Roberts
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Ingvarr Zhmakin, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] TLS errors
> Morning.
>
> I'd like to ask for some directing advice in resolving a problem with

TLS.
> Exim version is 3.35 (debian package exim-tls), kernel is

2.4.20-grsec,
> openssl is 0.9.6c.
>
> I get errors while trying to establish TLSed connection with one

specific
> host (without TLS it is all right):
> ===
> {time} TLS error on connection from ({host name}) [{ip}] (SSL_accept):
> error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
> ===
>
> Still other hosts are fine:
> ===
> {time} <= {email} H={host name} [{ip}] P=esmtp

X=TLSv1:DES-CBC3-SHA:168
> S={size} id={message id} from <{email}> for {email}
> ===
>
> Any ideas?..
>
> --
> Ingvarr.

Assuming I understand the question correctly... You are showing logs
from your server, and some of your clients connect OK with TLS, and at
least one client (MUA) does not? Look first at the setup of the client
having problems.

One thought: check the SMTP port number setting. Some clients will
automatically change port numbers if you change certain other settings.
Client code authors sometimes read minds incorrectly. (To put it
nicely).

I am sure there are other possibilities, this is just an easy one to
check first.

Regards,
Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.