Re: [Exim] MX Record points to non-existent host

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Greg Louis
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] MX Record points to non-existent host
On 20030222 (Sat) at 1516:43 -0500, Greg Louis wrote:
> On 20030222 (Sat) at 1301:32 -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > [ On Saturday, February 22, 2003 at 11:31:30 (-0500), Greg Louis wrote: ]
> > > Subject: Re: [Exim] MX Record points to non-existent host
> > >
> > > It is not my duty -- I would say it is none of my business -- to get in
> > > anyone else's face about how well or badly they set up their
> > > environment.
> >
> > Well, actually it is. They don't call this thing an "INTERNET" for
> > nothing!
>
> > I'd like to do very nasty things to every idiot who has ever claimed
> > they could send and receive e-mail with every other domain but mine
> > when the problem is clearly their own!
>
> I'm not devoid of sympathy with that sentiment. But from their point
> of view, if it works with lots of other domains, why is it a problem?
> That's the perception that makes it really hard to convince them.

Chuckle. I just underlined your whole point, didn't I? "If it works
with lots of other domains, why is it a problem?" The answer, from
your side, is that if q3%*x such as I didn't configure our systems
to tolerate that garbage, it wouldn't "work with lots of other domains"
and the problem would be clear.

Nevertheless, there needs to be tolerance as long as there is
ignorance. We (my employer, anyway) can't afford an attempt to educate
through intolerance -- and I don't think it would work anyhow.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg@??? |