Re: [Exim] MX Record points to non-existant host

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tim Jackson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Καινούρια Θέματα: Re: [Exim] MX Record points to non-existent host
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] MX Record points to non-existant host
Hi Frank, on Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:24:46 -0500 you wrote:

> We have a client trying to email an address at puremetal.com Others can
> email them from their servers but for some reaosn our SMTP will not pass
> it through.

The answer is in your post. Read Exim's (quite verbose) message again:

> all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts or (invalidly) to IP
> addresses

I don't really know what to add to that. All relevant MX records (that is
to say, in this case, the MX records for puremetal.com) point to IP
addresses, which are not valid on the right hand side of MX records. As
you pasted:

> puremetal.com preference = 0, mail exchanger = 209.239.13.194

puremetal.com have something like this in their DNS:

@ IN MX 0 209.239.13.194

instead of (for example) something like:

@    IN MX <pri> mail
mail IN A  209.239.13.194

Therefore, puremetal.com do not have any valid MX records and in the
absence of them, Exim can't really do anything useful with the message.
If it's important, you could call them (puremetal.com) up and ask them to
fix their DNS. But you'll find if they actually like receiving e-mail,
they'll probably fix it soon enough anyway when they don't receive half
the mails they should.

Tim