[Exim] Tossing out bad recipient unknow messages

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Owen Creger
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Betreff: [Exim] Tossing out bad recipient unknow messages
Exim 3.12
Spammer sends an email to a non-existant account.
Exim relay dutifully passes it to our internal mail server
Internal server rejects message, recipient unknown, and passes it back to
the Exim relay.
Since reply-to address is forged, Exim has no way to route/send unknow
recipient message back to spammer.

Exim wasn't compiled with LDAP in it, so I can't verify addresses from the
relay. Plus I understand LDAP querys are more of an art than science.

Can I modify my routers/directors to throw out the unknown recipient
messages coming from my internal server?

Owen C. Creger CCNA, CISSP
Creative Solutions, Inc. A Thomson Company
7322 Newman Blvd.
Dexter, MI 48130
wk: 734.426.5860 ex. 3787
fax: 734.223.6270
www.creativesolutions.com

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin (1759)