[Exim] Unreproducable mail delivery error (unknown local par…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Exim User
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [Exim] Unreproducable mail delivery error (unknown local part in domain)
Hi,

I've encountered an unpleasent bevahiour with my exim
configuration that I unfortunately don't know how to
get rid of.

Most time, everything works fine. I fetch my mail with
fetchmail that passes it to exim that again is
supposed to pass it to procmail. But sometimes, about
in 1 of 10 cases, exim after having gotten the mail
from fetchmail prints the following error message:

** user@localhost: unknown local-part "user" in domain
"localhost"

(user being my username on the machine I do mail on)
and then sends an error message to the sender (stating
the same error reason as given above). I do not get
the mail.

This does not depend on the sender address. Neither
the sender nor I do something special. It just happens
:(

Any idea what I did wrong in my configuration? I use
Exim 3.36-3 (original Debian package) along with
fetchmail-ssl 5.9.11-7 and procmail 3.22-4 (i built
procmail with flock() as my mailbox resides in cfs but
I assume that's not important here).

My .fetchmailrc reads:

poll pop.server.tld proto POP3 uidl timeout 60
        user 'remoteusername' is 'user' here ssl

My .procmailrc reads:

SHELL=/bin/sh
MAILDIR=$HOME/crypt/Mail
DEFAULT=$HOME/crypt/Mail/inbox
LOGFILE=$HOME/crypt/Mail/procmail.log

:0:
${DEFAULT}

and my exim.conf includes the following lines (I don't
know which ones are important, I just selected some):

qualify_domain = localhost
# qualify_recipient =
local_domains = localhost:willow
local_domains_include_host = true
local_domains_include_host_literals = true
host_lookup = *
host_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1 : ::::1
smtp_verify = false
gecos_pattern = ^([^,:]*)
gecos_name = $1
receiver_try_verify = true

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
group = mail
mode = 0660
mode_fail_narrower = false
envelope_to_add = true
return_path_add = true
file = /var/spool/mail/${local_part}

address_pipe:
driver = pipe
path = /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin
return_output

address_file:
driver = appendfile
envelope_to_add = true
return_path_add = true

address_directory:
driver = appendfile
no_from_hack
prefix = ""
suffix = ""
# maildir_format

address_reply:
driver = autoreply

# This transport is used for procmail

procmail_pipe:
driver = pipe
command = "/usr/bin/procmail"
return_path_add
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
# check_string = "From "
# escape_string = ">From "
suffix = ""

real_local:
prefix = real-
driver = localuser
transport = local_delivery

system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
file = /etc/aliases
search_type = lsearch

userforward:
driver = forwardfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
reply_transport = address_reply
no_verify
check_ancestor
check_local_user
file = .forward
modemask = 002
filter

# This director runs procmail for users who have a
.procmailrc file

procmail:
driver = localuser
transport = procmail_pipe
require_files =
${local_part}:+${home}:+${home}/.procmailrc:+/usr/bin/procmail
no_verify

# This director matches local user mailboxes.

localuser:
driver = localuser
transport = local_delivery

I think I should mention that I do *not* have a
.forward file in my $HOME, and that /etc/exim.conf is
a symbolic link to /crypt/root/exim.conf (again
residing in cfs).

I'd *really* appreciate it if someone could help me,
I'm desperate :(

If you need any more information, please let me know!

Thank you in advance!
Michael