Re: [Exim] Dealing with returned emails from spams someone u…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mike Meredith
To: Francisco Azinsan
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Dealing with returned emails from spams someone used your domain
On Friday 21 February 2003 12:20, Francisco Azinsan wrote:
> Someone has sent many emails using randomly generated local parts in
> a domain that I own as the From address. e.g., <random>@<my-domain>,
> and now I'm getting all the returned emails back.

Fun ain't it ?

> such as verify failed for SMTP recipient <random>@<my-domain>
> and hundreds of messages are being queued up on my relay server,

The solution I've adopted for a similar situation was to add aliases to
the relay server for the non-existent recipients like the following :-

uzicz:          :fail:
cweqx:          :fail:
vdehy:          :fail:
jhzyi:          :fail:

Or possibly :-

xyzzy:        :fail: This address was forged by a spammer.

Or even :-

xyzzy:        :blackhole:

- --
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer   /~\ The ASCII
University of Portsmouth                    \ / Ribbon Campaign
                                             X  Against HTML
Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security         / \ Email!