[Exim] Dealing with returned emails from spams someone used …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Francisco Azinsan
A: Exim Users list
Asunto: [Exim] Dealing with returned emails from spams someone used your domain
--
Is there any good way to deal with this little mess that some spammer
has put me into?

Someone has sent many emails using randomly generated local parts in a
domain that I own as the From address. e.g., <random>@<my-domain>, and
now I'm getting all the returned emails back.

None of these emails were sent via any of my servers, so I've not got a
problem with people getting around relaying.

However, the situation I'm in now is such that I have two machines - one
of them is the a relay server, and the other is the one where local
delivery for that domain will be performed. Of course, none of the local
parts exist on the final server, so it's logging things such as
verify failed for SMTP recipient <random>@<my-domain>
and hundreds of messages are being queued up on my relay server, because
the final server is refusing them. I'd consider this a denial of
service, because already the input queue has filled up the diskspace and
prevented further (valid) messages being accepted on the relay server.

Both these servers are running Exim 3.36. Is there anything that I could
do with the configuration on these, or is there anything in the 4.x
series that would prevent this kind of situation from happening? (or
deal with it more effectively)

Thanks,
--
Francisco Azinsan <francisco@???>