Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Greg A. Woods
A: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Cc: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses
[ On Thursday, February 20, 2003 at 14:32:05 (+0000), Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses
>
> I suppose that the address
>     woods@???
> might have given me a clue that his postings might be unusual.

You definitely a point there! :)

However you also have to remember that I've been deeply experienced with
e-mail software for a lot longer than Exim has ever existed, and I do
know a thing or two about computer communications protocols and things
like SMTP.

Taking stupid approaches to "bouncing viruses" has deep repercussions
for all kinds of what appear at first to be unrelated things, especially
when the inevitable errors occur.

If you want to build a reliable e-mail service then you will have to
heed my advice, or at least some very close facsimile of it.

--
                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods@???>;           <woods@???>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; VE3TCP; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>