Re: [Exim] transport_filter confused - exim 4.x

Author: Philip Hazel
To: avisu
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] transport_filter confused - exim 4.x
On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, avisu wrote:

> i looked through all the examples on google / exim etc. but I'm totall
> confused now by the transport_filters. how do i set up a route that
> passes the whole mail to a let's say php-script and if that succeeds, it
> goes on with the next route, if not, it just stops there.

You can't do that with a transport filter, I'm afraid. Transport filters
happen at transport time, after Exim has decided how to deliver a
message.

You probably need to investigate the queryprogram router. Even then, it
isn't straightforward to scan the entire message, but it can be done.

An alternative, if you are wanting to block messages based on their
content, regardless of recipients, is to do something in the system
filter.