Re: [Exim] DB problem on FreeBSD 5.0

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: sharun
CC: Stian Grytoyr, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] DB problem on FreeBSD 5.0
On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 sharun@??? wrote:

> 1. Create Local/Makefile
> 2. do make makefile
> 3. Change <db.h> to BDB's db.h (in dbstuff.h line 101) in my case
> this is #include </usr/local/include/db4/db.h>
> 4. Modify LIBS=-lcrypt to LIBS=-lcrypt -L/usr/local/lib -ldb4 in
> os-specific makefile (build-FreeBSD-i386/Makefile)

You should never need to modify any of Exim's source files. It should be
possible to do everything you want by modifying your Local/Makefile. In
this case, I think it is.

For (3) you can set INCLUDE. I use this on my system when I want to
build with DB 4.1:

INCLUDE=-I/opt/local/include/db-4.1

For (4) You can use DBMLIB. I use this:

DBMLIB=/opt/local/lib/db-4.1/libdb.a

You should be able to do something similar. This means that you will not
need to re-apply your patches for the next release of Exim - you can
just re-use your Local/Makefile.