Re: [Exim] DB problem on FreeBSD 5.0

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: sharun
A: Stian Grytoyr
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] DB problem on FreeBSD 5.0
Stian Grytoyr wrote:
> [Exim 4.12 on FreeBSD 5.0]
> | "failed to open DB file /opt/exim4/spool/db/retry:
> | Inappropriate file type or format".
> [...]
> | I have tried to install Berkeley DB 3 and 4, but I can't
> | seem to get Exim to use anything but 1.8. Could someone
> | please tell me exactly how I tell Exim to use the newer
> | versions? I have read dbm.disuss.txt, but I couldn't see how
> | to specify which version to use.
>
> Hello again. I'm replying to myself here, because I didn't
> get any replies, and I haven't been able to fix the problem
> since I posted the question.
>
> Doesn't anybody know, or was the question unclear? If so,
> please let me know what information is needed - I'll be
> happy to provide it.
>
> Again, thanks for any help. And my apologies for repeating
> myself.

I think many people have problem on freebsd4.7+ with exim-4.12.
(me too)
So, solution:
1. Create Local/Makefile
2. do make makefile
3. Change <db.h> to BDB's db.h (in dbstuff.h line 101) in my case
this is #include </usr/local/include/db4/db.h>
4. Modify LIBS=-lcrypt to LIBS=-lcrypt -L/usr/local/lib -ldb4 in
os-specific makefile (build-FreeBSD-i386/Makefile)

Voila:
# /usr/exim/bin/exim -bV
Exim version 4.12 #3 built 18-Feb-2003 09:13:59
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2002
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.0.14: (November 18, 2001)
Support for:
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext
Routers: accept dnslookup manualroute redirect
Transports: appendfile autoreply pipe smtp
Configuration file is /usr/exim/exim.conf

--
VVS56-RIPE