[Exim] Exim and Berkeley DB file locking

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David Simmons
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Exim and Berkeley DB file locking
Does Exim provide any sort of read-locking on DB files that
are queried via the lookup mechanism? Looking through the code,
nothing jumps out at me that would suggest that it has DB locking
support except the fcntl()/"%s.lockfile" locking for the
internally-used DB files in /var/spool/exim/db/.

I'm wondering about the possibility that Exim might read corrupted
data from a "pop before smtp" db file that will be frequently
updated.

It may very well be the case that Berkeley DB file data structures
are linked together in such a way as to make this not an issue,
but this article on comp.databases about corrupted reads conerns me:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=slrn7sjnqi.v7a.krinsky%40hcs.harvard.edu

Thanks for any advice,

David

--
David Simmons
"Today is a fine day for science!" -- Dexter