Re: [Exim] ACL: Howto deny email from a list of given hosts/…

Author: Sven Geggus
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] ACL: Howto deny email from a list of given hosts/IP-Adresses?
Nico Erfurth <masta@???> wrote:

> why do you use *@? have you ever seen a hostname like hostname@????
>
> it shuld be lsearch;/etc/exim/spamserver, or if you want wildcard
> domains, partial-lsearch*;/etc/exim/spamserver

granted, but this does not solve the Problem I have.

It's probably cased by the impropper DNS resolution:

>>> looking up host name for 217.237.187.10
>>> IP address lookup yielded mail.helokg.info
>>> mail.helokg.info.gnuher.de 217.160.128.103
>>> checking addresses for mail.helokg.info
>>> 217.160.128.103
>>> 217.237.187.10 does not match any IP address for mail.helokg.info

and after the "rcpt to:" command:

>>> sender host name required, to match against lsearch;/etc/exim/spamserver

> Ohhh, and please try to keep your Newsgroup-header internal only....

Hm, I could probably do this using headers_remove in my remote_smtp
transport. Any other headers you don't like?

Sven

--
"Thinking of using NT for your critical apps?
                                  Isn't there enough suffering in the world?"