Re: [Exim] exim bug debian stable ?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nico Erfurth
Para: jens-ingo brodesser
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim bug debian stable ?
jens-ingo brodesser wrote:

>> ... which is still Exim 3, I think. That is now over a year old, and I'm
>> forgetting it.
>
> do you recommend upgrading to version 4 ?

Everyone does, especially Philip, because he starts to forget that exim3
ever existed ;)

*run'n'hide*

Exim4 provides you with a great flexibility but it simplifies the
configuration, many things changed between exim3 and exim4, so you will
see that more and more people start to forget about how exim3 worked.
Compared to exim4, the exim3 config can be very clumpsy.

>> You need to find out what the other end thinks is happening when it
>> tries to send to you. Then you need to be suspicious of anything in
>> between, such as a firewall.
>
> the remote smtps (sendmail) are sending back "User unknown" error
> messages to their local users. that's really strange.

And these users are really existing on your side?
Do you use a NIS/YP-Server?

If you have a small system, that doesn't handle much mail, you can try
to run exim -d9 -bd -q10m for a day or so, but be careful, it will print
out pretty much debugging infos :)

Btw, did I ever mentioned that exim has the best and most valuable
debuggingoutput I've ever seen in an unix application?

Nico