Re: [Exim] No To: in header when email sent from command lin…

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Paul Mills
CC: Nigel Metheringham, exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] No To: in header when email sent from command line with exim 4.12.
On 19 Feb 2003, Paul Mills wrote:

> When I use exim 3.36 for this purpose of sending to maillists
> i.e exim -f jimv all_stafflist <email.txt with the Subject: in the
> email.txt file above the body of the email i get the To: in the header
> of the sent email, on a test box with exim 4.12 I do not get the To: in
> the header.

The rules changed. There is no longer a requirement in the RFC for any
recipient header lines in a message. A message with no recipient header
lines used to be broken (so Exim 3 kindly tried to fix it - it could
equally have rejected it). Such a message is no longer broken. Exim 4
follows the rule "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I try to avoid the
bureaucrat's rule, which some software also seems to follow: "if it ain't
broke, fix it till it is."