Re: [Exim] No To: in header when email sent from command lin…

Author: Paul Mills
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] No To: in header when email sent from command line with exim 4.12.
On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 10:55, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 10:35, Paul Mills wrote:
> > When I send a message from the command line as follows
> > exim -f jimv paulm <email.txt
> > The message is sent ok to paulm at the local domain from jimv etc, but
> > the received email has no To: Header, it does contain the Envelope-to:
>
> You are trying to use an MTA as an MUA.

When I use exim 3.36 for this purpose of sending to maillists
i.e exim -f jimv all_stafflist <email.txt with the Subject: in the
email.txt file above the body of the email i get the To: in the header
of the sent email, on a test box with exim 4.12 I do not get the To: in
the header.

> Either put the headers you want (ie subject, to, from) on the top of
> your email.txt, or mod your script a little:-
>     (echo "To: paulm";echo "Subject: email";echo "";\
>     cat email.txt) | exim -f jimv paulm

This would be ok for individual email address's but not for our mailing
lists.

Thanks

--
Paul Mills <paulm@???>