Re[4]: [Exim] AUTH (don't shoot me...)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: mike
A: Kirill Miazine
Asunto: Re[4]: [Exim] AUTH (don't shoot me...)
KM> PLAIN uses the plaintext authenticator. Argument to AUTH PLAIN is the
KM> username and password sent as "\0username\0password". This is split into
KM> three strings, the first of which contains nothing. So $1 is blank, $2
KM> contains the username and $3 contains the password.

KM> If PLAIN works for you (as you stated), your logic is broken.

You're right, it was broken:

auth plain b64_encoded_\0user\0pass
535 Incorrect authentication data

It works for LOGIN:

auth login b64enc_user
334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6                 <--- what is this, anyway?
b64enc_passwd
235 Authentication succeeded

I have fixed it, it works for PLAIN also now. A stupid question: why
are there two almost identical mechanisms?

mike