Re: [Exim] TLS on a port other than 25

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mark Edwards
A: exim-users
Cc: James P. Roberts
Asunto: Re: [Exim] TLS on a port other than 25
On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 03:13 AM, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Mark Edwards wrote:
>
>> So, it appears in this case I can't get smtps encrypted transmissions
>> on port 26 (or any non-standard port) via the method I'm using now,
>> which is -tls-on-connect via inetd.conf.
>
>> So, the only solution would be to run a separate exim daemon listening
>> on port 26, using -tls-on-connect and a different configure file? Is
>> that right?
>
> If it won't work using inetd, then it won't work using a separate
> daemon
> (but you shouldn't need a different configure file).

Doesn't inetd need to be called via a service name? You certainly need
to provide an existing one to set up a line using inetd. Can I add a
garbage name to /etc/services and then use that name in inetd.conf?

I see what you mean about the configure files. Your saying the ports
to listen on would be specified on the command line...

--
Mark Edwards
San Francisco, CA