Re: Re[2]: [Exim] AUTH (don't shoot me...)

Author: Kirill Miazine
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Exim] AUTH (don't shoot me...)
mike wrote:

> KM> server_condition is wrong and so is server_set_id. $2 contains the
> KM> username and $3 contains the password. $1 is empty.
>
> Why would it be wrong? It works for me, I mean the authorisation.

You mean the authentication? Authentication and authorisation are
different things.

PLAIN uses the plaintext authenticator. Argument to AUTH PLAIN is the
username and password sent as "\0username\0password". This is split into
three strings, the first of which contains nothing. So $1 is blank, $2
contains the username and $3 contains the password.

If PLAIN works for you (as you stated), your logic is broken.

With the LOGIN mechanism $1 contains the username and $2 contains the
password. Are you sure that you are using PLAIN and not LOGIN? Note that
I commented the authenticator where public_name is PLAIN, not where
public_name is LOGIN.

--
    -- K.M.