Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alexander Sabourenkov
A: Tony Finch
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses
Tony Finch wrote:
> Alexander Sabourenkov <lxnt@???> wrote:
>
>>Not at all. The 822 and its successor 2822 explicitly state that MTA
>>MUST NOT modify message in any way except by adding one Received: header.
>

> Where do they say that?

Damn.

RFC 822/2822 have nothing to do with SMTP.
821/2821 have, but the 2821 only prohibit modification of trace headers.

There is a note on fixing 'ill-formed' messages that originating SMTP
servers may do, but no mention of what relay servers may or may not do
with the message except for the trace headers )

So it is not mandated in any way. (or I am mistaken again?)

It is only my personal opinion that mail transport service
while taking into consideration the content that it transports,
in no way should modify it, only decide whether to deliver it, and give
clear indication either way.

Sorry for the confusion and erroneous yells.

--

./lxnt