Re[2]: [Exim] TLS Issue

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Subject: Re[2]: [Exim] TLS Issue
On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:19:28 +0000 (GMT) Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, John P Connor wrote:
> > .. and then we get the error I described. So Exim is in SMTP mode but
> > Exchange is still in ESMTP mode.

> Sigh.

> > Trust Microsoft not to follow RFCs. I am no Exchange admin (I avoid
> Windows
> > as much as I can), but afaik there is no way to circumvent this
> behaviour.
> > If I turn ESMTP off, I don't get the option to use TLS anyway. I
> wonder if
> > anyone else has experience with this? Do you think we need a new Exim
> option
> > to work round this?

> Sigh.

> I wait to see if anybody else responds to this...

i'm not aware of this as being a generalized problem with M$ Exchange.

might i suggest checking windows update and seeing if there are any
relevant patches that haven't been applied to the Exchange server?

it's really obvious and i shouldn't have to bring it up, but look, i
did.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???