[Exim] SpamAssassin performance with Exim as SMTP gateway

Author: Paul Shields
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] SpamAssassin performance with Exim as SMTP gateway
Hi All

My company is about to begin a project that will allow all of our customers to
to have their incoming mail filtered using SpamAssassin and Exim 4.12. It's
reasonably high volume - around 1.2 million mailboxes and 3 million incoming
mails per day.

The solution will use the mySQL option in spamd as we wish each customer to be
able to opt-in to the service and configure their own comfort settings, and
the mail servers do not have any local users defined - the servers
will be acting as gateways into the 'real' mail platform [Exchange 2000 if you
must know ;) ].

Although I'm confident we can scale the solution for this to work, I'm very
interested in hearing from anybody who has embarked on a similar solution -
particularly: statistics on spam effectiveness, any scalability issues you
have found, etc... I will be happy to share any experiences that we
experience to this list or to any interested observers as we encounter them.

cheers

Paul

--
paul @ eyesoap . com