Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Alan J. Flavell
Betreff: Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses
Let's take this a bit more calmly, please...

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> > > If you've acceptd a message containing a virus or worm then the best
> > > possible thing you can do is disable it
> >
> > Well, the _best_ thing to do is not to accept it in the first place.
>
> You didn't read what I said.

With respect: I did.

> I said "_IF_ YOU HAVE ACCEPTED...."

If the virus checks are made before acceptance, then by definition you
won't know that what you inadvertently accepted was, in fact, an
unrecognised virus. So you deliver it anyway.

Thus, my answer to your implied "if you subsequently discover that you
have accepted..." would be "so move that subsequent test to an earlier
point, to avoid such acceptance".

best regards