Re: 5xx during / after DATA [was Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Alexander Sabourenkov
Para: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: 5xx during / after DATA [was Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses]
Hello.

>>Without diving into details I'd estimate 100K messages scanned per
>>day.
>

> hmm.. we'd have to try it on a system that pushes around approx 150 times
> that number of mails (our mxs are sendmail though, not exim).
>
> That's why I was asking about clients response to 5xx.

From what I've seen, those that try to send as many messages as possible in given time
do not pay attention to what they get as response (and many break protocol synchronization
by not waiting for responses) nor if the connection has been broken while sending data.
I suppose they just issue write() or its equivalent with the whole message as buffer and
then forget about it.

However, any harmless side-effect when multiplied by 150 may well become a major issue.

--

./lxnt