5xx during / after DATA [was Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses]

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Alexander Sabourenkov, Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: 5xx during / after DATA [was Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses]
On Tuesday, February 18, 2003 2:44 PM [GMT+0530=IST],
Alexander Sabourenkov <lxnt@???> wrote:

> Not at all. Quite surprisingly, I have yet to see any problems with
> stupid clients retrying after 550 to end of DATA. I look after around
> several thousand client exims, plus MXs for our corporate domain. All
> viruses are rejected by custom local scan - no problems at all.

Hi

A couple of questions on this -

Where do you issue a 5xx - after the client is finished with sending DATA,
or midway through the DATA phase? (happen you are scanning the entire
message body on the fly in an exim filter and not accepting the whole thing
and passing it to a virus scanning daemon)

If you reject during DATA (midway through the DATA stream) and force a
connection closure from your end, how often do you get retries from the
sending client?

What, approximately, would be the number of mails you handle per day on your
several thousand exims?

regards
srs