Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
A: Asbjørn Høiland Aarrestad
Cc: exim users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses
On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Asbjørn Høiland Aarrestad wrote:

> I don't really know what do to with viruses recieved and detected by
> exiscan.... Should I just reject the mail? or should i save it to
> /dev/null to make sure nobody else gets it..... ? Any ideas from you guy's
> on the list?

With exiscan and Exim version 4, I would stick with the default
which is to reject at SMTP time, so it is the sending hosts problem.

Bouncing viruses isn't sensible since many of them use forged from
addresses.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna