Re: [Exim] TLS on a port other than 25

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Mark Edwards
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] TLS on a port other than 25
On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Mark Edwards wrote:

> Perhaps I wasn't clear in my first post.

Could have been my misunderstanding. I have been away for 3 days and was
trying to get through the backlog on the list as fast as I coulde.

> Not only can I telnet to port 26,
> I can connect and send mail via port 26, just not using TLS. Non-encrypted
> connections work fine on both port 26 and port 25. Encrypted connections
> work on port 25 but not on port 26.

When you say "encrypted", to you mean you connect to 26, but then
STARTTLS fails? If so, I am gobsmacked. The code in Exim is identical,
needless to say.

I suspect the clients are behaving differently....