[Exim] Yahoo Groups misconfigured?

Author: Rossz Vamos-Wentworth
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Yahoo Groups misconfigured?
I put in a filter to block certain annoying people with this:

deny message  = The sender ($sender_address) has been
blacklisted.
senders       = /usr/exim/filters/blacklist

Yesterday, one of the persons on the blacklist joined a yahoo
groups mail list and his postings bounced (a good thing), except it
looks like yahoo groups might be misconfigured. Over the course
of the night there were approximately 150 blocked attempts to
deliver mail list posts by this blacklisted person. I can't believe he
stayed up all night posting, so I am guessing that yahoogroups is
not properly handling 550 codes and just keeps attempting to send
the same few messages. When I turned of the filter temporarily,
the first one through showed a sent time of sometime yesterday
(about when the first bounce message appeared in my log).

Any thoughts on this? Or suggestions on a better way to handle the
filtering? I have considered just sending the messages to /dev/null,
but want the sender to know they are blacklisted.

Rossz